Each quarter I pick a set of books to read ensuring continual learning and growth. These books are always focused on three main areas (personal, professional, & software engineering), with each book representing growth in one or more of those areas.
This quarter I am revisiting a book I have read before, Deep Work, in order to regain and reemphasize insight into my personal working strategies that I have developed over the years. In addition, I am reading two new books Tiny Habits and A Promised Land.
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg PhD
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
- The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict
- The Outward Mindset: How to Change Lives and Transform Organizations
This quarter are I continuing my development in these languages, and reading the following books and courses.
- PHP Cookbook by Eric A. Mann
- TypeScript Essential Training – LinkedIn Course by Jess Chadwick
Before the end of the year, I hope to be a more focused, having the ability to develop new habits more quickly, better understand an implement leadership in business, grow more in my PHP expertise, and be a seasoned TypeScript software developer. ?