It was one of those days where the forecast said there was only a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon, but as it turned out, Mother Nature had other plans. Out of nowhere, a sudden downpour caught everyone by surprise, causing a chaotic scene on the streets. Tourists and locals alike were seen sprinting in all directions, searching for cover or desperately trying to keep their umbrellas from turning inside out in the gusty winds.
For those unfamiliar with the city, these sudden downpours can be a real shock to the system. But for us, it was just another adventure in Hong Kong. You see, we had come prepared, armed with sturdy rain coats and waterproof gear. As the rain battered the streets and sent others running for cover, we felt confident and at ease.
With the city’s frenzied pace temporarily slowed by the rain, we took the opportunity to explore and stumbled upon a beautiful park. It was a peaceful oasis in the middle of the bustling city, a place where the sound of raindrops hitting the leaves was the only thing to be heard. We wandered around the park, taking in the sights and sounds of the rain, and feeling grateful that we had been smart enough to pack appropriately. It was a truly magical experience, made all the more special by the fact that we were the only ones there, completely undisturbed.
As a seasoned traveler, I have come to appreciate the importance of being prepared for the unexpected. Whether it’s finding yourself in a place with no outlets to charge your devices, wandering aimlessly without access to WiFi, or getting caught in a sudden downpour, these unexpected situations can quickly ruin a trip. That’s why I have taken it upon myself to create a comprehensive and indispensable list of gear for every type of traveler, no matter the season.
With my years of experience, I have curated a selection of essential items that can help turn a potentially disastrous situation into a manageable inconvenience. From portable chargers to waterproof jackets, this list is designed to provide peace of mind and allow travelers to fully immerse themselves in the experience without worrying about the unexpected.
- Pelican ProGear Elite Carry On
- Booq Boa Flow Graphite Backpack
- Herschel Supply Co. Raynor Passport Holder
- Nomad Pod for Apple Watch
- Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (10ft)
- MemorySoft Travel Pillow
- International Drivers License
- Anker PowerLine Micro USB (6ft)
- Quirky Cordies Cable Manager
- EatSmart Precision Voyager Digital Luggage Scale
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- International Travel Plug
- LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt 4TB
- LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt 250GB SSD
- 2015 Macbook Pro 256GB
- Incase Icon Sleeve with Tensaerlite
- GPG2 Safe travel case for SIM Cards
- GoPro Casey – Not pictured, but inside case includes: – GoPro The Handler – GoPro Remo
- GoPro Dual Battery Charger + Battery
- Powerbeats2 Wireless Headphones (but you should get Powerbeats3)
- Mophie Red Powerstation 4,000mAh (but you should get mophie Powerstation XL (12,000mAh)
- Twelve South PlugBug World
- GoPro HERO5 Black
- AGENT 8 Microfiber Soft Cleaning & Protective Pouch
- Luxebell Telescoping Monopod
- Rain Poncho
- Shacke Hidden Travel Wallet w/ RFID Blocker
- TriggerPoint MB2 Double Massage Ball Roller
- Body Sport Stretch Strap
- Tactics Waterproof tote
- Sony MDRXB650BT/B Bluetooth Headphones
- A5 memo bottle – Reusable Slim Water
- iPhone 7+
- iPad Pro 12″
- Samsonite Windguard Umbrella
I removed the links from the list, as a lot fo the products are either no longer made, out of stock or some other reason.