Comments are a great way for an article to grow into a discussion. I do enjoy when people choose to speak up about articles I write, but to ensure that your comment makes the most impact (and is approved), please read these simple recommendations.
- Comment Form Guidelines: The comment form must be filled in with a proper or legitimate sounding name and email (your URL is not required, but is recommended). Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published nor shared. However, they may be used by the me to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the comment.
- Language and Manners: this site and blog is read by my niece. Well, not really, but act like it is! Any comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by me to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice!
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted. Furthermore, please comment only on the article the subject of the comment pertains to. If there is not one, simply contact me instead.
- My Responses: Comments will only be responded to in direct response to the particular comment. I will not respond privately via email or other communication method to a comment. (If an email responses is required, it is likely that your comment will not be approved)
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, please contact me.
- No Personal Attacks Comments Permitted: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted. You may question or argue the content, but not attack me, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants will result in removal and possibly blocked access.
- Comment Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting.
- All Rights Reserved: I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting.
- Hold Harmless: All comments are the responsibility of the commenter, not myself. By submitting a comment on this site and blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold myself harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- Trackbacks Are Comments: All trackbacks will be treated inline with our Comments Policy.
Thank you for reading the comment policy, now please feel free to start a discussion!